The marvelettes - twistin postman
We also have a brick and mortar retail store in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles which houses all of our online collectible vinyl and memorabilia, as well as an incredible selection of reasonably-priced, quality used vinyl LPs, vinyl 45s, CDs, DVDs, Books, Magazines, Posters, T-Shirts and a whole lot more.
Motown Album Discography, Part 1 (1961 -1981) by David Edwards and Mike Callahan Last update: August 7, 2012 The first two dozen albums (600-624), have been originally ...
By 1964, the majority of American vocal groups especially all female bands such as the Shirelles and the Ronettes started struggling with finding a hit after the arrival of British pop and rock acts . In the meantime, other Motown girl groups such as Martha and the Vandellas and the Supremes were starting to get promoted by Motown staff with the Vandellas becoming the top girl group of 1963. The following year, the Supremes took their place as the label's top primary female group after a succession of hit recordings that year, culminating in the release of their second album, Where Did Our Love Go , which Motown was able to promote successfully. Regarding the aforementioned 'Where Did Our Love Go', page 97 of the book The Original Marvelettes: Motown's Mystery Girl Group by Marc Taylor makes it clear that the Marvelettes did turn it down. Gladys recalls "When they played 'Where Did Our Love Go' they played 'Too Many Fish In The Sea'. We picked 'Too Many Fish In The Sea' because it had all the music and all the bongos. We were all together and said at the same time we didn't want 'Where Did Our Love Go'."
Every December Billboard publishes a chart listing the year's top songs based on their cumulative chart performance in the United States. The number of songs listed on the chart varied in the early years before becoming a top 100 chart in 1956. View a list of the top 100 hit songs in the US in 1962 and listen to a short countdown medley of the top 25 below.
- Original Playaz - Playa Game
- Tom Thumb Superman - Push It
- Amavo HappyMess
- Soulsister Soulsister Live
- Various - De Hits Van Oranje
- Mowgli Jospin And His High Society Jazz Band - Au Riverboat Vol.1
- Bowerbirds - Ivy Climbing
- Æges - Dust Moth - Bad Blood
- M.O.T.O. Battle Of The Band - Greatest Hits 1988-2005
- Blood Shanti and The Shanti-Ites - Pure Spirit
- 猫 シ Corp. - SYLLABUS - Double Date
- On The Other Side Of Sugar And Spice On The Other Side Of Sugar And Spice
- Hellsword - Blasphemy Unchained
- Käosklub Pas De Temps
- Wild Cherry Get Down
- Kim Wilde Time
- King Kong - Sound Boy Die
- Kira - Singing For You
- Dave Onderdonk Close Call
- Capitan Booster - 6 Puñaladas